2EA Aluminum Roller Shutter (E82)
The 2EA provides many architecturally appealing options. In addition to the solid slat, it can be slotted to provide visibility or air flow. Once slotted, a polycarbonate insert can be added to keep the visibility while restricting the airflow. The 2EA can be hand operated or motorized via a tube motor.
The 2EA is typically used for small to medium size counter shutters, storage compartments, cabinet enclosures, or other wall openings.
Up to 8′ wide by 8′ high.
- Curtain – Constructed using 50mm interlocking extruded aluminum slats. The slats are retained in position using nylon end clips. Slotting options are available.
- Bottom Rail – Rigid extruded aluminum section.
- Track – Aluminum extruded track mounts to steel mounting angle which also accepts the head plate above.
- Roller Drum – A 3″ aluminum or 4″ steel tube provides a fairly compact roll while reducing deflection.
- Operation – Doors up to a particular weight can be hand operated while a tube motor provides opening and closing for the larger doors.
- Locking – Several locking option are available of which the most common are the keyed (typically on the bottom rail) and the shoot bolts (inside or outside).
- Finish – Most doors are a powder coated or anodized finish. Stock colors tend to be less expensive than special order colors.