3EA Aluminum Roller Shutter (E83)
The 3EA provides many architecturally-appealing options. In addition to the solid slat, it can be slotted to provide visibility or air flow. Once slotted, a polycarbonate insert can be added to keep the visibility while restricting the airflow.
The 3EA is typically used for small to medium size store fronts, larger counter shutters, or any other wall openings.
Up to 18′ wide by 10′ high. The 3EA can be hand operated up to 13′ wide by 8′ high, while a tube motor is used up to the maximum size.
- Curtain – Constructed using 75mm interlocking extruded aluminum slats. The slats are retained in position using nylon end clips. Slotting options are available.
- Bottom Rail – Rigid extruded aluminum section.
- Track – Aluminum extruded track mounts to steel mounting angle which also accepts the head plate above.
- Roller Drum – A 4″ steel tube provides a fairly compact roll while reducing deflection.
- Operation – Doors up to a certain height can be hand operated while a tube motor provides opening and closing for the larger doors.
- Locking – Several locking option are available of which the most common are the keyed (either at waist height or on the bottom rail) and the shoot bolts (inside or outside).
- Finish – Most doors are powder coated to customer specifications. Stock colors tend to be less expensive than special order colors. Please refer to technical information below.