N35 – Aluminum Roll-up Door
The N35 incorporates the latest design innovations and is the culmination of decades of experience as a manufacturer of fire truck doors.
The N35 is durable, easy to operate, easy to install and is available for fire and emergency vehicles world-wide.
- Curtain – Heavy duty construction using 13/8” pitch extruded aluminum flat faced box section slats interlocked using ball and socket joint. The slats are retained in position using self locating nylon end clips that are easily removed for repairs or maintenance. Each interlocking slat joint has its own EPDM rubber weather seal to preclude ingress of water. The combination of seal location and ball and socket joint provides excellent sealing, rigidity and noise mitigation.
- Bottom Rail – Heavy duty extruded aluminum section 31/2” high allowing plenty of clearance with gloved hands to bar lock and also allows for adaption of a wide range of lock products. Features include an integrated handle with a rolled edge for a non-slip grip and EPDM rubber bottom seal. Nylon ends provide smooth operation and placement of magnet to trigger compartment LED lighting and cabin indicator lights.
- Guide Tracks – Side fix heavy duty 2.5 mm thick extruded one piece anodised aluminum channel section. Features include recessed screw fixing for jamb free operation, integrated EPDM rubber seals and angled profile for LED lights to illuminate the complete compartment while also providing concealment of electrical wiring for switches and lights.
- Raingutter & Sill – The raingutter section, with unique back seal, ensures no water drips from the truck body onto the head of the compartment opening. The integrated EPDM rubber head seal is a bulb type proving excellent sealing properties between head and curtain while not hampering operation of the door. During opening the seal will remove excess water and limit water ingress to the compartment. The gutter fasteners are concealed behind an aluminum extrusion cover and finished with nylon end clips for a neat aesthetic finish with no sharp edges. The sill is an extruded aluminum section into which the bottom rail seal sits. The sill also incorporates a water step barrier which sits behind the shutter in the closed position.
- Roller / Counterbalance – Utilising a 3″ diameter tube and incorporating counterbalance spring(s) for light and balanced hand operation. 4″ tube is used for shutters over 70″ high to improve operation on larger doors. The roller is fastened to the curtain with durable and flexible nylon webbing straps that are easy to remove for maintenance and repairs.
- Brackets – Fabricated from 1.5 mm thick galvanised steel with perforated fastening holes for flexible location of stamped boss and corresponding axle location. A hollow steel axle is used for weight reduction. Incorporating a 4″ diameter nylon wheel to assist operation and reduce noise. Brackets allow for minimum head room requirements and allow maximum opening size for access to the compartment. Alternative sliding door arrangements are also available.
- Locks – A lift bar comes as standard. A keyed cylinder lock for special security can be provided.
- Finishes – Curtain is supplied in anodize, brush anodized finish or powder coated finish. Other components are anodised as standard but can be powder coated if required.
- Options – LED compartment lighting with magnetic activation proximity switch that can also provide driver cabin warning lights.
- Weight – Approximately 1.84 lb/ft2
The company reserves the right to alter specifications and designs without notice.